Role: Director Business Development Europe
About Prepay Nation:
Prepay Nation operates a value transfer and prepaid top-up marketplace through its technology hub and global network of mobile operators, digital and retail merchants, and distribution partners, making worldwide mobile and e-commerce transactions accessible and seamless, and leveling the playing field for unbanked and underbanked communities to participate in the digital lifestyle. Our network enables diasporas all over the world to recharge the prepaid mobile phone of their friends and family, for over 600 mobile operators in 125 countries. With diverse distribution channels spanning over 275,000 locations in the US, Canada, Europe, and the Middle East, Prepay Nation provides a valuable service to expatriates who support their loved ones back home, in a fast, secure and cost-effective manner. Prepay Nation’s unique Marketplace business model, multi-currency processing platform, and global connected Hub with mobile operators, digital service providers, and Brands offers real-time top-ups, value transfers, and gift cards to prepaid mobile subscribers and other consumers while helping to generate significant traffic and revenue for digital and retailers merchants and distribution partners.
What You’ll Do
We are seeking a Business Development Director to become a highly visible member of the Revenue Department reporting to the CRO. The ideal candidate will bring 10+ years of progressive sales experience, ideally leading a business development function at a tech-focused hyper-growth company. We are looking for someone who can bring enthusiasm and experience building out our sales organizations and improving the prospecting pipeline The ideal candidate enjoys building effective working relationships with all parts of the organization.
Key Objectives you will drive
- This is a high-impact role interacting with Senior Management on key company initiatives which will enable Prepay Nation’s sales strategy for your assigned area
- Work closely with Product teams and Business leadership and cross-functionally with Marketing, Legal, Finance, and Customer Care. Etc.
- Negotiate large complex deals and manage strategic partnerships with the major platform players, and industry leaders in Commerce, Payments, Marketplaces, etc.
- Assess and negotiate business development and Partnership opportunities and drive successful execution of deals to achieve desired metrics
- Use critical thinking skills as well as focus on executional excellence to ensure deals/partnerships deliver customer value, partner, and business goals.
- Identify and assess the benefits of potential partnerships, and build reasoning that supports Prepay Nation‘s strategic priorities working with key team members and senior business leaders.
- Become a subject matter expert on Prepay Nation’s position in the market, key technology areas, industry, and competitive trends as well as partner business strategy
- Leadership: You are a team builder that enjoys working with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish your goals. You are open to new ideas and work collaboratively with all members of the team. You can not only survive but thrive in a remote organization. You have built out best-in-class accounting organizations.
- Have a proven track record of driving business and managing multi-million-dollar pipelines
- Have a strong sense of the mobile phone and pre-pay service market
- You are organized, self-driven, and have a “do what it takes” attitude while maintaining a pleasant and approachable personality.
- You are willing to take on an active player-coach role as you build out the organization
- You are a problem solver who can identify challenges within the organization and can come up with solutions to improve the overall functioning of the department.
- Ability to speak French or German in addition to English and know the ins and outs of the European market
- Will be based out of a major market in France, UK, or Germany,
- 8+ years in business development, strategic partner management, consulting, marketing, sales, partner management, or finance that included external-facing engagement with customers or partners.
- Experience structuring, negotiating, modeling, and managing complex commercial deals, partnerships, and/or acquisitions.
- Experience in an owning outcome, entrepreneurial work environment
- Strong business sense with constructive and proactive methods to problem-solving
- Demonstrated capability to efficiently present complicated and nuanced topics to executives. Can present tradeoffs, risks, and rewards in a fashion that drives decisions and alignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Marketing