Role: Corporate Controller
About Prepay Nation:
Prepay Nation operates a value transfer and prepaid top-up marketplace through its technology hub and global network of mobile operators, digital and retail merchants, and distribution partners. Our network enables diasporas all over the world to recharge the prepaid mobile phone of their friends and family, for over 600 mobile operators in 125 countries. With diverse distribution channels spanning over 275,000 locations in the US, Canada, Europe, and the Middle East, Prepay Nation provides a valuable service to expatriates who support their loved ones back home, in a fast, secure, and cost-effective manner. Prepay Nation’s unique Marketplace business model, multi-currency processing platform, and global connected Hub with mobile operators, digital service providers, and Brands offers real-time top-ups, value transfers, and gift cards to prepaid mobile subscribers and other consumers while helping to generate significant traffic and revenue for digital and retailers, merchants, and distribution partners.
What You’ll Do
Prepay Nation is looking for a Corporate Controller to manage US Operations. The position will be based in Mumbai, India. The ideal candidate is the one who shares our values and is passionate about building world-class processes and can be a trusted advisor to the CEO and other senior management. We value committed, detail-oriented and thoughtful individuals who bring operational excellence as well as a creative, mindful approach to their work.
Key Objectives you will drive
- Lead a large high performing global team with responsibility for all accounting, AR, and AP activities for Prepay Nation
- Ownership of planning and executing all accounting processes and activities across the organization, to ensure compliance with GAAP, statutory guidelines, and internal financial policies
- Responsible for the Company’s monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process and management reporting of results, operating metrics, and flux analyses.
- Establish strong relationships with cross-functional peers and lead the team to collaborate with and influence business partners and be the “go-to” accounting resource for them
- Have a continuous improvement mindset with a view to continuing enhancement of the accounting, receivable, and payables processes
- Develop, enhance, and implement accounting policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and reduce risks for the business.
- Be comfortable with a high volume of data, automation, excel, and reconciliations
- Prior experience in managing forex transactions.
- Provide accounting expertise on M&A transactions from pre-acquisition due diligence through post-acquisition integration
- Development of and enhancement of international processes to ensure Prepay Nation continues to scale with a global footprint
- Be a business partner providing insights for business decisions, as well as enterprise opportunities, projects, efficiencies and cost savings.
- Develop diverse talent to promote team retention to meet current and future business needs; career development opportunities for team
- Improve workflow while maintaining focus on automating and streamlining processes while recommending improvements.
- Financial Planning and Analysis. Develop budget and forecasting and analysis that supports major corporate decisions of the CEO and Board of Directors. Perform variance analysis and work with the Senior Management to identify the variance’s root cause.
- Chartered Accountant with excellent technical accounting skills
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and controllership positions
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with Prepay Nation’s international partners, communicate with investors, and present the company’s performance to the board.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Finely honed people leadership and management skills with experience in running international teams
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Extensive experience in a fast-growth corporate environment,
- Execution-oriented with a proven ability and desire to work effectively, delivering accurate results under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to confidently and effectively communicate to all employee levels within the culturally and geographically diverse Company
- Strategic thinker who can develop a plan to build a world-class accounting organization with the attention to detail and leadership ability to drive change and execute the plan
- Prior experience with SaaS and B2B businesses