Role: Assistant Controller
About Prepay Nation:
Prepay Nation operates a value transfer and prepaid top-up marketplace through its technology hub and global network of mobile operators, digital and retail merchants, and distribution partners. Our network enables diasporas all over the world to recharge the prepaid mobile phone of their friends and family, for over 600 mobile operators in 125 countries. With diverse distribution channels spanning over 275,000 locations in the US, Canada, Europe, and the Middle East, Prepay Nation provides a valuable service to expatriates who support their loved ones back home, in a fast, secure, and cost-effective manner. Prepay Nation’s unique Marketplace business model, multi-currency processing platform, and global connected Hub with mobile operators, digital service providers, and Brands offers real-time top-ups, value transfers, and gift cards to prepaid mobile subscribers and other consumers while helping to generate significant traffic and revenue for digital and retailers, merchants, and distribution partners.
What You’ll Do
Prepay Nation is looking Assistant Controller. The position will be based in Mumbai, India, and will assist the Corporate Controller in managing the US Operations. The ideal candidate is the one who shares our values. Develop cross-functional relationships and partner with senior leaders, and is passionate about building world-class processes. We value committed, detail-oriented and thoughtful individuals who bring operational excellence as well as a creative, mindful approach to their work.
- The position will provide technical accounting, Account Receivables, and Account Payables activity for Prepay Nation.
- Assist in planning and executing all accounting processes and activities across the organization, to ensure compliance with GAAP, statutory guidelines, and internal financial policies
- Assist in preparation of the Company’s monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process and management reporting of results, operating metrics, and flux analysis.
- Establish strong relationships with cross-functional peers and lead the team to collaborate with and influence business partners and be the “go-to” accounting resource for them
- Have a continuous improvement mindset with a view to the continuing enhancement of the accounting, receivable, and payables processes
- Develop, enhance, and implement accounting policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and reduce risks for the business.
- Be comfortable with a high volume of data, automation, excel, and reconciliations
- Prior experience in managing forex transactions.
- Assist in the development of and enhancement of international processes to ensure Prepay Nation continues to scale with a global footprint
- Be a business partner providing insights for business decisions, as well as enterprise opportunities, projects, efficiencies, and cost savings.
- Improve workflow while maintaining focus on automating and streamlining processes while recommending improvements.
- Assist in the development of budget and forecasting. Perform variance analysis and work with the Senior Management to identify the variance’s root cause.
- Chartered Accountant with excellent technical accounting skills
- 6+ years of experience in accounting and controllership positions
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills. Needs to be very comfortable with a large amount of data.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Extensive experience in a fast-growth corporate environment,
- Execution-oriented with a proven ability and desire to work effectively, delivering accurate results under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to confidently and effectively communicate to all employee levels within the culturally and geographically diverse Company
- Prior experience with SaaS and B2B businesses
- Experience in financing and M&A transaction work preferred